IMMIGRATION TO PORTUGAL
At A Glance
If you wish to immigrate to Portugal and you have regular income from a pension or investments, you may apply for a Temporary Residence Permit to start a new life and settlement in Portugal.
Person Living On His/Her Income
Dual citizenship is recognized in Portugal. You are not required to renounce your previous nationality to become a citizen of Portugal.
- Evidence of Health Insurance
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Receipt of payment of fees
- Bank Statement
- Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of income
- Dual Citizenship
Indicates whether the country recognizes the dual citizenship.
- Family Members Included
Whether it is possible or not to include dependents in the application.
- Physical Residence Required
Whether it is required or not to reside a certain time in the country to preserve the obtained immigration status.
- Personal Visit Required
Whether it is required or not to visit the country to apply for the program.
- Language Skills Required
Whether it is required or not to pass a language exam to get your application approved.
- Interview Required
Whether it is required or not to an interview with government officials to get your application approved.
- Time To Citizenship
Number of months it takes to be eligible for citizenship.
- Time To Permanent Residency
Number of months it take to be eligible for permanent residency.
- Visa-Free Countries
Number of countries whee you can travel visa-free or visa-on-arrival with a passport of a given country.
- Financing Available
Whether there is or not a financing option through passport.IO
Permanent Residency Benefits
- The right to live and work in Portugal without any time limit.
- Access to healthcare and education system.
- Be eligible for citizenship in a short period of time.
Temporary Residency Benefits
- Pleasant climate territorial tax system.
- High quality of life.
- Low cost of living.
- Be eventually eligible for permanent residency.
- Peaceful, democratic and politically stable country.
- Travel visa-free across the European Union.
- Low cost program.
- Free education and medical on government level.
Visa Free Travel
With your new passport from Portugal you’ll be able to access 171 countries visa free, as seen below in the map.